ADVANTAGES & BENEFITS FOR COOLING TOWERS
- 0.45 micron filtration will remove the very fine suspended solids before they agglomerate and foul in the tower sump or on heat exhangers. This fine filtration allows us to reduce the turnover rate and to recommend 12 turnovers/day for clean water. Some systems may even be sized with 6 to 8 turnovers or less depending on the contamination.
SMALLER SIZE FILTER
- High efficiency at low turnover rates allows us to reduce the size of the filter compared to traditional sand filters which require a minimum of 24 turnovers/day to be efficient.
- Reducing the flow rate of the filter means less HP for the pump for electricity savings and less space requirement.
LOW BACKWASH REQUIREMENT
- Removing the fine suspended solids before they agglommerate and foul will not require the installation of sophisticated and costly piping in the tower sump, needed with traditional sand filters due to their larger micron extraction.
- The filter can be installed without waiting for a shutdown or without emptying the sump. Additional savings again.
- The 400 gpm filter will backwash at 45 gpm only. One vessel at a time will be backwashed for 8 minutes. Piping size, volume of water will mean savings at the installation and afterwards.
- Low flow rate for backwash makes it easy to use clean chlorinated water rather than tower water for extended life of the media and chemicals savings.
- No more nozzles or strainers blocked for adequate temperature and recirculation of water.
- Sump cleaning is virtually eliminated.
- Pump seals last longer.
CHILLERS OR HEAT EXCHANGERS
- Higher energy transfer efficiency due to clean surfaces (no fouling of suspended solids).
- Adequate temperature of chilled and condenser water for proper chiller or process operation.
- Increased output due to better cooling.
- Optimal use of chemicals.
- Chemicals will work better because suspended solids will not interfere with the treatment. No more fouling on pipes, heat exchangers, and better corrosion and microbiological control will result.
Sonitec Inc's experience in cooling towers of the last 15 years indicates that the great majority of suspended solids in recirculation systems are less than 10 microns in size. It is then very important to use a very fine filter to remove those contaminants before they agglomerate in low flow areas, clog strainers and nozzles, foul heat exchangers. VORTISAND®, because of its fine filtration capability, is the most valuable equipment to be installed. Therefore, we recommend to use a 2 microns filter for cooling towers.
Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Home | BioThreats | Technologies | Products | Ordering | Applications | FAQs | Air Links | Water Links | >Press Releases | Contact Us
Written material from SONITEC, Inc., is Copyright ©2000 by SONITEC, Inc., and is used with their permission.
Copyright ©2006 by Air & Water Technology, Inc., this material may not be used or reproduced without written permission. this material may not be used or reproduced without written permission.
All original coding and graphics are Copyright ©2006 by Druidic Cybermagic Computer Services, for the exclusive use of AirWater.Com and may not be used or reproduced without written permission. Inquiries are welcome